How to Use the ASAP focus group website
Welcome to the ASAP study! Here are step-by-step instructions for using the ASAP focus group website!
1. First, go to http://forums.impactprogram.org. Using the username and password we created for you, log in on the upper right side of the screen.
2. When you log in to the site, you’ll see a list of forums, and your messages and account settings in the upper right corner.
3. The first time you log in, all you’ll see is a “Welcome” forum for you to read.
4. Then, when the focus group starts, there will be one new forum posted each day – Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3.
5. This blue conversation bubble shows that this forum has new content for you to read. The gray one means you’ve read everything.
6. In each forum, there will be several topics. Each of these topics contains a few questions we’d like you to answer. Start with topic 1 and go in order.
7. Topics with new content for you to read are highlighted and bolded like this. Topics that aren’t bolded like this mean you’ve read everything in it.
8. You can answer the questions at your convenience, as long as you can log in a couple of times a day to see what your fellow focus group members are saying and participate in the discussion. To post a reply to our questions, click on the “post reply” button and enter your reply in the box that appears.
9. We want this to be interactive for you, so feel free to comment on other people’s posts, and ask them questions! If you want to comment on someone’s post directly, go to that post, click on “comment”, and type in the box.
10. You can go back to the ASAP home page by clicking on the ASAP logo at the top of the page.
11. Finally, your Message Center and your settings. In the top right corner, you will see a link to your Message Center. If you see a red number by the message, it means someone has commented on your post, or that the the researchers leading the group discussion have a question for you. You can receive messages, but can’t send them, so if you need to contact us send us an email at email@example.com.
12. Finally, the user settings. Navigate to the dropdown menu “User settings” underneath your username, to the right of your message center. Click on “Account”. This is where you can change your password or your email address.
That’s all! Happy posting.