All of us at the IMPACT Program wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
If you have some free time over the holidays, you may want to check out some of the IMPACT videos, read about what we have been up to in 2010, or take a quiz to find out how much you know about HIV/AIDS. We have a lot of exciting things planned for 2011 and we look forward to sharing them with you.
LGBT Youth talk about connecting to family and community
Our study sought to address some of the gaps in past research by conducting structured diagnostic interviews in a community-sample of 246 LGBT youth. (Includes an audio podcast.)
Today is the 22nd annual World AIDS Day. What can you do to participate?
1. Learn about the history of World AIDS Day.
2. Join the Facing AIDS initiative. IMPACT Program has already participated. Check out our photos and add your own.
3. Learn about the U.S. National AIDS Strategy.
4. Know your HIV status. Find a clinic near you where you can get free or low cost HIV testing.
5. Spread the word so your friends and family can learn about HIV/AIDS prevention and care. If you tweet, use #WAD2010.